Throat Chakra Yin Yoga | Expression & Communication
Healing & Balancing Your Chakras • 55m
Our 5th Chakra, the Throat Chakra, is associated with our ability to express our true self, our authentic self - communicating freely and accepting communication freely. It is also associated, in Traditional Chinese Medicine, with our Liver and Gallbladder Meridians.
In this practice we work with opening the throat, balancing the Liver/Gallbladder meridians, and connecting with our ability to express ourselves with honesty, integrity, and authenticity. We use Yin Yoga poses, breath regulation, vocalization, and mantras to help clear this space and bring overall balance to the Throat Chakra.
Poem by Danna Faulds
Props: 2 blankets OR beach towels (blanket: http://amzn.to/2v0U0eh)
* Root Chakra/Muladhara: safety, support, grounding, community
* Sacral Chakra/Svadhistana: emotions, sensuality, creativity, relationships, connection
* Solar Plexus Chakra/Manipura: personal power, sense of self, confidence, self-esteem
* Heart Chakra/Anahata: love, compassion, empathy, acceptance (giving and receiving)
* Throat Chakra/Vishuddha: expression, communication, authenticity, personal truth
* Third Eye Chakra/Ajna: intuition, knowledge, wisdom, inner guide
* Crown Chakra/Sahasrara: divine connection, spirituality, divine balance
Up Next in Healing & Balancing Your Chakras
Throat Chakra Yin Yoga | Expression o...
Ready to express your authentic self? The Throat Chakra is the seat of our self expression, communication and the expression of our authentic self. It incorporates the throat and the ears (and thyroid) all relating to communication with the world. If you have been feeling stuck, lost your voice...
Throat Chakra Meditation | Expressing...
In this practice we work with mantra, breath, chanting and visualization to help clear and open this chakra channel - helping us express our true self with clarity and conviction. This chakra is all about communication - both outbound and inbound and keeping it clear can do much to keep our rela...
Pranayama for the Throat Chakra
Today we are working with several pranayama practices to warm, clear and release the throat, neck, jaw and head. The area of the throat is so important to keep mobile and clear as we speak our truth here and also listen with mindfulness. Join me for this practice to bring a little awareness to ...