The upper chakras, comprised of the Throat, 3rd Eye, and Crown chakras - are more spiritual than the more physical lower body chakras. Relating to our personal expression, our intuition and our connection to the universe - these three chakras link us to the world around us in unique ways.
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, we work with the Liver/Gallbladder meridians for the Throat Chakra, and the San Jiao/Pericardium meridians for the 3rd Eye and Crown chakras (this means the whole body essentially). We use mantras, breath, and mindful movement to bring balance and understanding to these chakras and reconnect to them.
Props: 2 blankets OR beach towels (blanket: http://amzn.to/2v0U0eh)
* Root Chakra/Muladhara: safety, support, grounding, community
* Sacral Chakra/Svadhistana: emotions, sensuality, creativity, relationships, connection
* Solar Plexus Chakra/Manipura: personal power, sense of self, confidence, self-esteem
* Heart Chakra/Anahata: love, compassion, empathy, acceptance (giving and receiving)
* Throat Chakra/Vishuddha: expression, communication, authenticity, personal truth
* Third Eye Chakra/Ajna: intuition, knowledge, wisdom, inner guide
* Crown Chakra/Sahasrara: divine connection, spirituality, divine balance