Our 5th Chakra, the Throat Chakra, is associated with our ability to express our true self, our authentic self - communicating freely and accepting communication freely. It is also associated, in Traditional Chinese Medicine, with our Liver and Gallbladder Meridians.
In this practice we work with opening the throat, balancing the Liver/Gallbladder meridians, and connecting with our ability to express ourselves with honesty, integrity, and authenticity. We use Yin Yoga poses, breath regulation, vocalization, and mantras to help clear this space and bring overall balance to the Throat Chakra.
Poem by Danna Faulds
Props: 2 blankets OR beach towels (blanket: http://amzn.to/2v0U0eh)
* Root Chakra/Muladhara: safety, support, grounding, community
* Sacral Chakra/Svadhistana: emotions, sensuality, creativity, relationships, connection
* Solar Plexus Chakra/Manipura: personal power, sense of self, confidence, self-esteem
* Heart Chakra/Anahata: love, compassion, empathy, acceptance (giving and receiving)
* Throat Chakra/Vishuddha: expression, communication, authenticity, personal truth
* Third Eye Chakra/Ajna: intuition, knowledge, wisdom, inner guide
* Crown Chakra/Sahasrara: divine connection, spirituality, divine balance